Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

KAFTA: SUMMER BBQ

I love meeting new people and trying new cuisines so when my next door neighbors invited me to a cookout I decided it would be a great way to learn more about Egypt and Ethiopia. Turns out I was right and I got a new recipe and some new friends in the process! So far my transition to Charlotte has been a breeze, I've got a great roommate, great job and have enjoyed exploring a new city. Here is the recipe we had for Kafta. 





Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, grated
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 6 wooden or metal skewers

  • Directions
  1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak in water.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, parsley, cayenne, allspice, salt and pepper until evenly blended. Divide into 6 portions, and press around one end of the skewers to form a log shape approximately 1 inch thick and 6 inches long.
  3. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment