Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July on Goat Island


I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! It is one of my favorite holidays mostly because it centers around food, family and friends! I spent my 4th with some lovely girls from law school on the magical Goat Island. I'll post more about Goat Island later, but for now here is one of my favorite recipes (great for outdoor picnics and events). I fashioned it after a more complex version from the exquisite NYC restaurant Tabla.

Watermelon Salad

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Cups Watermelon, cut into 1/2" to 3/4" cubes
3 Cups Arugula
2 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves
1 Cup Fresh Mint, coarsely chopped
1/2 Cup Pistachio Nuts
1/3 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
Cracked Black Pepper, to taste


Instructions:
Mix vinegar, lemon juice and salt together. Whisk in olive oil.
Toss watermelon, arugula, baby spinach, mint and pistachios in dressing. Top with feta and cracked pepper

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I definitely have to make this asap!

    To answer your question, I use a Canon Powershot and I also have a Diana. But a lot of times I just use picnik to edit photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hope you enjoy the recipe! I bought a Diana but havn't taken it out for a spin yet, can't wait to give it a try. Any suggestions of where I could find medium format film in Charleston?

    ReplyDelete