Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Ultimate Summer Mix


The Perfect Summer Mix

Sometimes there are days at work where you just know that the phone calls will drift in and out with such irregularity in infrequency that it is OK to let your mind wander to the far reaches of your brain. Today is one of those days. This morning was spent confirming the attendance several people (finally) for my upcoming focus group. However, I knew that the afternoon was floating slowly by, with little or no real purpose. It has been an interesting summer. Having been used to the hustle bustle of The City the slower pace of the south is still taking some readjusting. That being said this afternoon was a welcomed break, and provided a huge relief! For a while I feared that I might be the only attendee at my upcoming Darkness to Light focus group. In celebration of some minor successes, I’ve decided to make the ultimate Summer 2009 Mix. It seems tragic that I am still listening to one I made back in 2005.

1) Elton John - Bennie and the Jets
2) MGMT- Electric Feel
3) Prince-I Wanna Be Your Lover
4) Arcade Fire- Rebellion
5) Ultra Orange & Emmanuelle- Don’t Kiss Me Goodbye
6) Spoon - The Way We Get By
7) M83- We Own the Sky
8) M.I.A.-Paper Planes
9) Little Brother, Median & Symbol - Right Here
10) Jay Z - Girls Girls Girls
11) Paul Simon - 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
12) The Smiths- Ask
13) Van Morrison- And It Stoned Me
14) The Rolling Stones- Beast of Burden & You Can’t Always Get What You Want
15) The Red Hot Chili Peppers- Scar Tissue
16) Radiohead – Fake Plastic Trees
17) Nightswimming-R.E.M.
18) Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb
19) The National- Fake Empire
20) My Morning Jacket- Just One Thing
21) Modest Mouse –The Ocean Breathes Salty
22) Marvin Gaye- Sexual Healing
23) Led Zeppelin-Fool in the Rain& Hey Hey What Can I Do
24) Elton John-Tiny Dancer
25) The Eagles-Hotel California & Take It Easy
26) The Beatles-Imagine
27) The Band-The Weight
28) The Arcade Fire –Wake Up
29) Al Green-Let’s Stay Together
30) Barry White – Oh What a Night for Dancing
31) French Kicks –Young Lawyer
32) Don Henley-Boys of Summer
33) Shiny Toy Guns-Le Disko
34) Bill Withers-Use Me
35) Allison Krauss & John Waite- Missing You
36) The Police-Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
37) Jane’s Addiction –Jane Says
38) Rilo Kiley- Portions of Foxes
39) Curtis Mayfield – Move On Up
40) Air Frace No Excuses (although the whole CD is perfect)
41) Phoenix- Love Like a Sunset Part I (also perfect CD)
42) Grizzly Bear – I Live With You
43) Loyal Divide- The Tease
44) Sigur Ros- The Nothing Song

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME mix. Seriously- this is absolutely rad. Ideas based on what you've got here? Osaka Loop Line by Discovery and The Reeling by Passion Pit. Potentially Furr or Wild Mountain Nation by Blitzen Trapper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect summer list!! Love that it end with Sigur Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys! I'll be downloading those songs as soon as I get home, if only I had the iphone I wouldn't have to wait!!

    ReplyDelete