Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fathers & Daughters




With Father's Day fast approaching I have been thinking alot about the relationship between fathers and their daughers and how truely blessed I am to have my Dad! I have so many fond memories of my childhood but at the top of my list today

1) Taking naps in the hammock with my Dad on summer afternoons
2) Riding our lawn-mower with Earl
3) Picking all my Mom’s tulips to surprise her with a big bouquet (this would NOT be in her top 10 list)
4) Reading The Night Before Christmas with my Dad & Mom on Christmas Eve (which I still make them do even though I'm gasp 26)
5) Playing dress up in my Mom’s closet, also something I haven’t gown out of
6) Going to the Art museum to look at the Monet's (they were my favorite)
7) Baking cookies with my grandparents
8) Building sandcastles with grandma Thompson and grandma Lewis
9) Playing in the garden with Grace
10) Playing in my grandmother's creek with my "boys" (cousins) who I absolutely adore

"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. "

No comments:

Post a Comment