Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Some Wonderful Spaces






"Books are a hardbound drug with no danger of an overdose, I am the happy victim of books. " - Karl Lagerfield

I share his passion for books [especially the over-sized coffee table variety], one that was a very costly habit when shipping them from NYC to Charleston upon my most recent move. Included is a list of my top eleven most beloved books in my somewhat over-sized collection.

1) On the Beach by Richard Misrach
2) Collect Raindrops (first edition by Nikki McClure)
3) Analogue by Zoe Leonard
4) The 2008 Whitney Biennial Exhibition Catalogue (my friend Abbe worked on the exhibition)
5) The Cremaster Cycle by Matthew Barney
6) A collection of Pablo Neruda poems given to me by a professor
7) New Masters Pictorial Encyclopedia from the 1920s, I found it on 7th and C hard to believe someone was going to throw it away
8) Half Past Autumn by the late Gordon Parks a personal hero of mine
9) The French Laundry Cookbook, I haven't made a thing out of it but it is the epitome of a beautiful cookbook
10) The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (my favorite book period)
11) Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (I can't wait for the movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment